During the internship students not only fulfil their work duties, but also collect information according to the internship tasks in order to prepare the Report.
Prior to the start of internship students must study the Internship Tasks, to know what information is necessary. The Internship Tasks can be found on ISMA homepage.
Structure of the Internship Report:
- Cover sheet – standard blank found on (ISMA homepage);
- Obligatory annexes.
The Report must include the following items:
- Table of Contents – sections of the report with page numbers indicated;
- Analysis of the Internship Tasks;
… . …
3.n. according to the number of Internship Tasks;
- Self-assessment of the Internship (should be carried out by 1st and 2nd year students, excluding master students);
- List of Literature.
In the second section (Introduction) students provide general description of internship according to the following items:
- short description of aims and tasks of internship;
- place of internship: information about the company and its activities;
- internship management at the company: position and name of the manager;
- work duties during the internship.
In the third section - Analysis of the Internship Tasks students analyse and summarize each internship task using the collected information and materials about the place of internship.
To divide one task analysis from the other students should use subsection numbering – 3.1., 3.2., etc. – until the last task.
In the fourth section – Self-assessment of the Internship students assess their performance during their internship according to the following criteria:
- level of preparation (theoretical knowledge and practical skills) - did the student have enough skills and knowledge to collect and analyse information;
- attitude towards the work (interest, discipline, accuracy, initiative, self-esteem, responsibility, etc.);
- communicative features (visual image, adaptability, team integration, communicative skills, etc.).
In the fifth section – students make Conclusion about the activities of the companies and offers ways of improvement (according to the internship tasks).
The sixth section – contains the list of informational sources used: books, journals, electronic sources, etc.
The Report can be extended with the information about the company shown in booklets, informative leaflets, photographs, newspaper articles, etc. In this case it is necessary to add the seventh item in the Table of Contents – Annexes.
The contents of the Report may be changed only upon written approval of ISMA director of internship.
Students must consult ISMA director of internship about the contents of the Report.
Concerning the preparation of the documents students must consult ISMA Career Centre.